I haven’t updated the site in a MINUTE (plz see me on Instagram for more accurate and timely updates) so I thought I’d do a post sharing what I’ve been up to with TOWNIES since I last shared my hopes and dreams with you all.
A lot! I’ve been up to a lot, and I’m very thankful for that. Some highlights:
- Townies was displayed at a pop-up booth at the Satellite Art Show during Miami Art Week, courtesy of our good friends Susie Magazine.
- Sold zines alongside South Asian Diasporia Artists Collective and others at Columbia University.
- Exhibited at the Brown Paper Zine and Small Press Fair at Barnard Hall, presented by 3 Dot Zine and Studio Museum in Harlem.
- Hosted a pop-up market and reading with some of my favorite zine makers and writers at Miranda Kuo Gallery, courtesy of the FREE SPACE initiative.
- Aaaannd… Issue 1 of Townies is now available for purchase online and in-store at Printed Matter!
The first issue of Townies has brought me incredible joy, amazing opportunities, and great new friends. So, I’m more than ready to take the second issue from a dream to a reality! I know I’ve posted asking for submissions before, but this time I really mean it!! I want this next issue to be bigger and better and I can’t do it without you! For inspiration, please refer to the first issue and our mission. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new submissions deadline is SEPTEMBER 30, 2018.
love you and hope to hear from you very soon!!